Posted on November 5th, 2015
How do I see the counselor?
Drop In Counseling times during student's lunch on Tuesday and Thursday. This is how it will work:
1- stop by office on the way to cafeteria and grab a pass (only 6 passes in total)
2- eat lunch in the cafeteria
3- show pass to Ms. Shah or Mr. Brenneman
4- visit the counseling office
This is a casual drop-in time and not confidential. You may want to use this time to get organized, play social games (I will have some activities but not always) or have a safe place to be to avoid the stress of the free-sit structure of the cafeteria.
REQUEST TO SEE THE COUNSELOR- (link is always on the sidebar)
there are several ways to request to see the Counselor.
- Stop in and ask Jenny or Rachel to schedule a time
Posted on November 4th, 2015
What does the counselor do?
The Middle School Counselor does a lot of things at KISJ. The Counselor is here for all students. Here are some reasons you may want to meet with her:
- Organization and time management skills
- Stress reduction techniques
- Friendship changes
- Falling behind on school work
- Transition to high school
- Worries or concerns about things outside of school
- Dating relationships
- Resources for summer camps in the USA or other English speaking countries
- Dorm life/home life
- Anything! Ms. Martin will make time for you, for whatever reason...
Things to remember about the counselor:
- You are NEVER in trouble with the Counselor
- She is always on your side, and wants to help you to learn from life’s experiences
- The Counselor loves to problem-solve